Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Monday Morning

So I am back two days in a row. This is another card that I made with a set before the new catalog came out. The set is called Dreams du Jour. I love this set. I have actually made quite a few cards with this set.

This card is a little more simple than what I am used to, but I really like the way it turned out.

The card base is 4 1/4 by 4 1/4. I used the new scallop edge punch to add detail to the side of my Riding Hood Red card stock. Then I used my 1/16 hole punch in each scallop.

The butterfly is stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White. I colored it in with Bashful Blue and Riding Hood Red Classic Ink. I did a light watercolor with the Aqua Painter and then went back over the whole image with a really wet brush to get a softer look. Once dry I added some two way glue and glitter (not that it really shows up).

I layered stamped image on top of Riding Hood Red Card Stock. I then layered this on top of a piece of Whisper White where I stamped my words in Riding Hood Red (the words are also from Dreams du Jour. This Whisper White Card Stock was layered on Bashful Blue Card Stock which was added onto my scalloped Riding Hood Red Card Stock.

When I was done with this I thought it needed something. I pulled out my new Designer Buttons (which I also love) to accessorize. To secure the button I sewed it on with Linen Thread.

Done! A simple card with the main focus being the butterfly.

I hope you all have a great week.

No comments: