Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just Celebrate Melting Snow

I know I am the first person to complain about the snow that falls this late into the season, but here is another card that I made because I felt like I was ignoring the snowman. The snowman comes from Just Celebrate. I love the set and have used all the images except for the snowman, so now I can say I have used them all.

The card was inspired from Beate's sketch challenge from last week.

I started with my favorite base, Choolate Chip and then added a layer of Whisper White topped with Soft Sky (I was on a Soft Sky kick this last weekend).

For the image I stamped Miss Snowwoman on a piece of Whisper White in Basic Brown. I added some highlights to the snowwoman with Soft Sky Classic Ink and the Aqua Painter. I also colored in the scarf and hat with Groovy Guava and Close to Cocoa Classic ink and my Aqua Painter.

To finish the card off I pulled out the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper, cut to size and backed it with Chocolate Chip. I backed the stamped image with Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip. I also added some Chocolate Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, some dots to the scarf and hat with my white gel pen, some paper piercing with my crafters tool kit and some sparkle to the snowwoman with my dazzling diamonds and a glue pen. Oh yeah the words were stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.

If I am asked to make Christmas Cards for Fieldstone (Andrew's school) again this card may be in the running. It was failry easy to do, little coloring and not too many accessories.

This card came just in time before ALL the snow is gone. It is 50 here today, I have all the windows open and am enjoying the beautiful day.

No comments: