Friday, April 4, 2008

Free Wheeling Promotion- Wonderful You

I figured I would post this card after a gorgeous day here in Minnesota. We reached the 60's today. What a way to end a week after starting it with seven inches of snow.

This card was created last weekend with the Free Wheeling Promotion set Wonderful You and Stems and Silhouettes Jumbo Wheel.

I knew I wanted a spring feel to the card so I grabbed So Saffron for the base. I then stamped the image from Wonderful You in Basic Brown on Very Vanilla. I colored the image with my Watercolor Crayons and the Aqua Painter. I then stamped the flower again on a scrap of vanilla cutting out just the flower head. I popped the flower head off of the other flower (will post a picture of that later) to give some dimension. I thought it needed a little more so I stamped the leaf image from the set on a scrap of Very Vanilla and cut out two of the leaves. I popped those off the image also. To finish the flower off I added a little sparkle in the middle with my two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter.

I already planned on using the green scrap from Afternoon Tea for the card, but I then decided to pull the wheel into the card also. I used my Garden Green Classic Pad and rolled this wheel across it, then rolled it on my green piece of designer series paper. I think it shows the wheel just enough, but does not over power it.

I backed both the designer series paper and the stamped image in Close to Cocoa (gasp......no it is not Chocolate Chip). To finish the card off I used my Vanilla Wide Grosgrain Ribbon just tied in a knot. I then stamped the words "with all my heart" that comes with the set in Basic Brown. I thought that the words were sort of floating so I added three paper piercings.

Did you know this month if you purchase a set that is part of the Free Wheeling Promotion you get the matching wheel for FREE? I had two of the sets on my wish list so this was the perfect time for me to take the plunge and purchase.

No comments: