Saturday, April 5, 2008

Some Flowers for your Saturday

On this past Sunday I posted about a friend who has cancer, this card was made with her in mind. She is always bright and cheery. Just thinking about her brings a smile to my face. This card I feel is bright and cheery to me (minus the black).

I started the card with Soft Sky and then actually cut an orange piece for this card, but did not like the orange so I used that on my cat card below. I then pulled out the Olive stripes from Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper. This did not look good right on the Soft Sky base so I added a mat of Basic Black between the Soft Sky and Olive. Since I added the Basic Black mat to the Olive I decided I needed to add one to the Soft Sky also.

Not much stamping took place on this card. I used the Holidays and Wishes stamp set for the words (which were stamped in Basic Black Craft and embossed with clear embossing powder) and the Dotted Background stamp for the Pumpkin Pie Die Cut Flower and the Soft Sky Background.

I knew I wanted to use the Die Cuts from the Occasions Mini Catalog so I pulled those out. I added a flower slide from the hodgepodge hardware kit and a clear Rhinestone Brad in the center of the flower slide - those were both placed in the center of the flower.

To finish the card off I used my Crafters Tool Kit and paper pierced on the Olive piece of Designer Series Paper.

Thanks for Looking

No comments: