Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Two Days in a Row!!!

I am in love with this Designer Series Paper (Afternoon Tea - Available now in the Occasion's Catalog).

I built my card off of the scrap of paper I had. This card is a 4 1/4 square. The base is Soft Sky with layered on top of that and then my Afternoon Tea Paper.
I liked the soft colors and thought Wedding. Now most of my friends are Married, but a good friend of my sister's is getting married this June. This card is for Liz and Jason. After I made the card my sister told me that the colors of her wedding are Chocolate and Light Blue - perfect!!


The only set that I have that shouts wedding is the Fun and Fast Notes, well not the entire set, just the cake. I stamped the cake image in Basic Brown on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I backed this in Chocolate Chip. The card looked a little busy with just the chocolate square on the background paper so I added the rest of a Groovy Guava scrap that I had already scalloped with my corner rounder a few cards ago. I trimmed this to size and it looked much better.

To color the image I pulled out my Classic Stampin' Pads in Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky plus my Aqua Painter. After my cake was colored I added some sparkle with my handy dandy glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

I knew I wanted to play with the new Hodgepodge Hardware from the Ocassions Catalog so I pulled out all my frames and settled on the square frame. I stamped the words on Whisper White in Basic Brown and framed it in the Silver Hodgepodge Frame. I added brads and then I sat back and said "done".

After showing the card to my sister she said she liked it, but mentioned it did not look like one of my cards because it did not have "Holes" in it. So I went back and pierced the Soft Sky base with my crafter tools kit.

I am hoping to give Liz this card in person in June. I want to go with my sister to California to the wedding, but we will have to see. Just thinking about Liz brings back a ton of fun memories of my sister and her growing up and getting in trouble together, then calling me to get them out of trouble.

No comments: