Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fun and Fast on a Wednesday

A few weeks ago Splitcoast had a color challenge of Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie and Orchid Opulence. I never would have put these colors together, but decided I wanted to play anyway (maybe I would be surprised at the results and love the color combo, who knows). So I played for a few hours with these colors and my neutrals. I had a tough time pulling these colors together and not come out with a Halloween card (I have a few to show you later that I actually like for Halloween).

Here is my attempt at something "springy" with these colors (plus Basic Black and Whisper White).

The main image is from the set Fun and Fast Notes. Plus I used En Francais background stamp (not that you can see it very much, it is stamped lightly on the Orchid card stock).

The base of the card is Certainly Celery. The I pulled the Orchid Opulence and backed that with Whisper White and then Basic Black.

I stamped the main image in Staz On on Whisper White and backed that in Basic Black. To color the image I one again pulled my Classic Stampin Pads in River Rock, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie and Orchid Opulence. I used my Aquapainter to color the image in.

I wanted to pull more of the Pumpkin into the card so I used the Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to finish the card off.

I do not love the card, but I do like it. I like the Halloween cards I came up with these colors more, but I am thinking spring not Halloween (even though it is SNOWING again today...agh!!).

No comments: