Monday, March 3, 2008

Bright and Early on a Monday

I know some of you have already seen this card, but some of you have not so here it is.

This past Christmas demonstrators received a Level Three Hostess set (Time Well Spent) from Stampin' Up! as a thank you. I had to try it out, here is the card I made with the set.

The base is Wild Wasabi. On the Wasabi I stamped the little flower in Wild Wasabi Classic Ink (for a tone on tone look). I layered the Wasabi with Groovy Guava.

I stamped the flower image with Basic Brown on Whisper White. To color them in I used my Groovy Guava Classic Pad and my Aqua Painter. For the center of the flower I used the So Saffaron and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Markers. I backed this with Chocolate Chip. I cented this (top to bottom) on the Groovy Guava and secured with Stampin' Dimensionals.
For the words I stamped the image in Basic Brown and colored in with the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and my Groovy Guava Classic Pad just like above.

To add a little something to the card I pulled out my Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware and added it to the words. I added the wide Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon tied in a smiple knot to finish the embellishments off.

Once I had everything down I decided that the Groovy Guava needed something so I pulled out the crafters tool kit and did some piercing (which I think I use on every card these days).
This card was another card from my January club, but it is one of my favorties (if I do say so myself). I just love how it turned out, even though this card took a while to complete at club.

Have a good Monday everyone. It is cold and windy here right now. Dave stood out at the bus stop with Andrew since he is off this week and came in rubbing his ears. I guess since it is only 9 outside and windy my ears would be cold too.

No comments: