Monday, March 24, 2008

My Favorite Creation from the Weekend



I saw a cute little purse on Cambria's blog (a blog I frequent) made from the Carousel Notes and I knew I had to copy it. Ok so I did not copy the tote exactly, but I did copy her idea of the tote.

The tote is made using one of the envelopes for the inside (see picture below). I used the bagalope concept.

The outside is basic. I used the Afternoon Tea Designers Seires Paper for the outside. I knew I would not be using this particular pattern on any of my cards so it was perfect for this project (plus it is what Cambria used and I could not think of anything else to use).

On the inside (or the back of the Afternoon Tea paper I adhered a Groovy Guava carousel note then trimmed around the edges of the patterned paper. Once I had both front and back cut out I decided it needed something to break up the pattern on the front. I added a scrap of Chocolate Chip and tied that off with the Chocolate Twill.

I had just used the "h" from the sticky letters on my last card (will upload that later) and still had the sticker punch out on my desk. I used that to trace out the "h" in a scrap of Afternoon Tea paper that had the Groovy Guava on it. That was simply cut out with scissors.

I purchased the Define Your Life set with my SU! $50 gift card I had earned from the first half of the Stampin' Up! year and decided it was time to be used. The "happy" worked perfect with the "h". To finish the front off I added a small white flower from the pretties kit. In the center of the flower is a green rhinestone brad. Oh yeah, I also added some paper piercing on the top of the ribbon and on the bottom of the Chocolate strip.

For the handles I used the jumbo eyelets and the Wide Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon.
Here is the recipe:
Stamp Set: Define Your Life.
Card Stock: Carousel Notes, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.
Ink: Basic Brown
Accessories: Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper, Sticky Cuts Letters, Stampin' Dimensionals, Chocolate Twill, Pretties Kit, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Chocolate Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and Crafters Tool Kit.
PS: I laughed when I visited Cambria's blog on Saturday and I saw that she had done the same thing to her flower that I did on mine (see previous post).

No comments: