Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Monday Morning

What a pretty day so far on this day after Easter. The sun is shining (melting away the snow from this past weekend) and the sky is blue. I have my kids and husband at home and the day care kids are all getting along.

I did get some stamping done this weekend. This card was done on Friday as part of Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I love Friday's and her sketches. Her sketches are what I need to help kick start my creative juices for the weekend.


I knew I wanted to use a large flower from the Pretties Kit, it was already dyed Saffron. I had made a card in the past (I will see if I can find a picture of it) where I had stamped some dimension onto the flower using my Canvas Background stamp, this time I grabbed for the Polka Dot Background Stamp and my Chocolate Chip Classic Pad. I love the way it turned out.


The rest of the card is pretty straight forward so here is the recipe:


Stamp Sets: Polka Dot Background and Holidays and Wishes.
Card Stock (from base up): Whisper White, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White and Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper.
Ink: So Saffron Re-inker (to dye the flower), Chocolate Chip Classic Ink (for the polka dots) and Chocolate Chip Craft Ink (for the words that I embossed).
Accessories: Crafters Tool Kit (for the Paper Piercing), Build a Brad, 1/2 circle punch (for the build a brad), Pretties Kit (the flower), Clear Embossing Powder (for teh words), Vintage Brads, Chocolate Wide Frosgrain Ribbon and Groovy Guava Stitched Ribbon.

Sorry about the picture, I have better ones but they would not upload no matter what I did. I will try to change it later. I am tired of fighting with it right now.

No comments: