Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some Pun Fun for Sunday

Sorry it took me longer to post than expected. Some things came up over the past few days, the main one being a cold. Yes, I had some days off to hang out with Andrew and Jacob, yet ended up with a cold. I am feeling better now. Unfortunately on Thursday I found out that a really good friend of mine has Thyroid cancer. I made this card for her hoping it will bring a smile to her face. It is hard knowing she having to suffer this at such a yong age (32).

The card base is 4.25 x 4.25 in Basic Gray.

The image is stamped on Watercolor Paper in Staz On. I then colored it in with Classic Inks in Soft Sky, Wild Wassabi, Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink and Yo Yo Yellow using the Aqua Painter. I then matted it on a piece of Whisper White.

The bottom half pink sheet is from the level one hostess Prints Pack. I faux stitched along the top of the pink paper with my paper piercer and the white gel pen.

I had this gray taffeta ribbon that I ordered by mistake a few months ago. It was calling my name to be used on this card. I tied in the flower slide from the Silver kit in the Ocassions Mini Catalog.

To finish the card off I used my corner rounder and scalloped a scrap of whipser white. The words come from Curvy Verses.

No comments: