Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Thursday - Big Birthday Candle

Yesterday I shared a card that did not turn out the way I had hoped it would, this is another one. I think the red candle is not right, but I will live with it. I started off with the other side of this designer series paper from Summer Picnic, but it was too busy. When I flipped the designers series paper over it looked MUCH better.

I did not make this card for anything or anyone in particular. I knew I wanted to use my Big Birthday Candle stamp set so I actually started there. I can use it for the many two year olds in my care that will turn three this year (four of them, with a fifth one

For the colors I pulled them from the other side of the designer series paper (Bashfull Blue, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie with some Basic Black and Whisper White added too).

The card measures 6 x 6 since the candles are so big. I have never made a true 6 x 6 card. I have made scrapbook page cards that involve pictures, instead of a picture I used the image as a "picture" instead.

The "happy birthday" is from Family Phrases stamp set. The ribbon is the Pumpkin Striped Grosgrain. The black brads are from the Vintage Brad set. I did the paper piercing with the Crafters Tool Kit.

No comments: