Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chipboard Adventure #4

When I started making this card I had a different image of how it was going to turn out. I wanted to use the stars and their negative image that I punched out from the frame that I used on my monkey card (see Chipboard Adventure #1). I wanted to used them in the layout that I have, but nothing else is the same.

I pulled out the red dotted paper from Summer Picnic. I pulled out Night of Navy for the base of the card (even though it looks black in the picture). The card base measures 4 x 8.5.

I knew I needed to tie in the navy so I inked up the negative image of the stars in Night of Navy craft ink and used my clear embossing powder to give it the shine. For the stars I used my Barely Banana craft ink and embossed those too. I put the stars back into the negative image.

I backed the star squares and the designer series paper in Whisper White. I did not like the way the red looked against the navy so I pulled in Barely Banana card stock that I paper pierced with my Crafters Tool Kit.

Not that you can see it, but I stamped the small star from In the Stars in Navy all over the Night of Navy card stock. I also used the phrase from the In the Stars stamp set inked up in Navy Classic Ink.

The card is nothing like I pictured, but will make a good "congratulations" card, maybe for a graduation.

No comments: