Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chipboard Adventure #3

Here is another chipboard card for you.
I needed a birthday card for a "boy" (like yesterday). This one was put together rather quickly Sunday night so I could get it in the mail yesterday.

The Chipboard is from the OnBoard Simon Upper Collection. I used my Not Quite Navy Craft ink to color the star chipboard. I set that aside to dry.

I used my In the Stars Stamp set from the Ocassions Mini for the main image. I stamped this in Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink and punced it out with the Large Star Punch. I adhered the Pumpkin Star to the Chipboard with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The base of the card is standard card size (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) in Not Quite Navy. The next layer is Pumkin Pie, just an 1/8 of an inch smaller than the Not Quite Navy. The Olive striped paper is from Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper (also from the Ocassions Mini Catalog). The white at the top of the cars is actually Confetti White.

I added the Striped Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon layered with Black Grosgrain to break up the Olive and the Confetti. If you look closely at the chipboard star you will see I added some black dots (with a fine tip sharpie) to add more black to the card. In the end I put three black brads along the bottom of the card.

All in all the card took me under 10 minutes to pull together. Most of the time was waiting for the chipboard to dry enough for me to pick it up and play with it.

No comments: