Sunday, February 3, 2008

Valentine's Goodies



Andrew, my six year old, brought home a letter from his teacher saying that they will have a Valentine's Day Party this year at school. I silently cheered inside knowing that this would be my last year that he will allow me to make his Valentine items. He wanted something that he could include the big converstaion hearts (he loves these). I wanted something that he could help me with and something that was going to be fast.

I decided to make them in Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black. He wanted Red, but I was trying to coordinate with the colors of the candy, I know something that only a crafter would think of. I stamped the heart from Priceless in Pretty in Pink Craft ink. I tried my Classic Ink but it was not as dark as I would have liked and I am fresh out of Classic Refill (reminder to self, add to next order). Then I stamped Happy Valentine's Day From Holidays and Wishes in Basic Black. To assemble I put together one and had Andrew do the rest.

For the card I used the same Priceless Stamp set, decided to use Beate's sketch challenge again (see post from 2/1). I wanted the card to go with the Valentine treat bags for the class, but did not like Basic Black on the card so I opted for Close to Cocoa. I grabbed my Close to Cocoa Designers Series Paper and the rest fell into place. The swirls are stamped in Close to Cocoa on Whisper White. I stamped the heart in Pretty in Pink Craft ink on top of the swirls. Then I stamped the hearts again on srap paper, cut those out and Dimensionaled them off the original hearts. I backed the Whisper White in Pretty in Pink which was layered onto of another Whisper White piece. At the bottom of the long Whisper White I tied a Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon in a bow. I layered this onto the Close to Cocoa Designers Series Paper and my Pretty in Pink base. To finish it off I added three Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets. I wanted to add words too, but they just did not look right so I placed them inside instead.

No comments: