Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SCS Tuesday Color Challenge

Yeah, I had time to stamp today. While the kids were napping I decided to take some me time and stamp a card.

I browsed Splitcoaststampers for their weekly color challenge and saw that the colors were Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore and Kraft. I love Tempting Turquoise and use Kraft often enough, but Green Galore is not a color tend to grab for. I decided I would attempt this challenge along with yesterdays technique challenge.

I started with the base of my card as Kraft and then added some Basic Black in there to help break up the bright colors. I used a scrap of Tempting Turquoise and left it the size it was. I added polka dots from the Background stamp set Polka Dot in Tempting Turquoise. I layered this in Basic Black also. To pull in the Green Galore I pulled another scrap and cut it to the length of the card. I layered this too in Basic Black. To add a little something to the Green Galore I used my Distressing Tool.

I knew I wanted a layer over the Basic Black with white, but it was too plain. This is where I decided to pull in the technique from yesterday on Splitcoast. I pulled out the Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore Classic Refills and my Glossy Cardstock and followed the technique directions. I actually liked the way it turned out.

Ok, so I get this far and I did not know what set I wanted to use. I had a few in mind, but decided to play with In the Stars stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I pulled in Yo Yo Yellow (another color a seldom use). I stamped the larger star out of the set in Yo Yo Yellow Craft Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut this out and layered it on the Tempting Turquoise. It was still too plain so I punched out three stars out of Yo Yo Yellow with the small Star Punch.

The words were stamped in Basic Black and also came from In the Stars. To finish off the card I added three black brads along the Green Galore strip.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.

No comments: