Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Late Night Stamping

Here is my first attempt at using my new items from the Occassions Mini Catalog. I could not sleep last night so I went to stamp. My husband asked me why I put a red eye in the middle of my flower. Does it really look like an eye?

I am having a tough time with the black rub ons. I LOVE the white ones, but I am saving those to play with at club.

For the base of the card I pulled Real Red. I wanted to use the new Designer Series Paper Summer Picnic and love flower images. I orginally had the designer series strip cut as a larger square and centered towards the bottom of the Real Red (then I dropped my stamp pad on it and it needed to start over). Once I had the flower paper cut to size it needed to be layered. I originally started with the Old Olive, but it needed a neutral to sandwich between the Olive and the flowers. To tie in the black from the rub on I decided my neutral was going to be Basic Black. I used the Black Flower rub on from A Perfect Day Rub On pack on Bashfull Blue scrap and puched it out with the Scalloped punch. I then used my 3/4 circle punch and punched out a Whisper White circle for the middle of the flower. Still too plain. I pulled out a button, but did not like it. I then grabbed the Build a Brad since they were still on my desk from Friday's card (see last post). I used the Black rub ons again to add something to the center of the flower.

Once the Flower was finished it needed to be layered on something. I pulled out a white scrap and cut it to size, but it was too plain. I pulled out the All in a Row stamp set and added a frame in Basic Black. I layered the Whisper White on Basic Black and then again on Old Olive. For the word "celebrate" I used the set Just Celebrate from the Occassions Mini (I really like the font of the words from this set).

I added the Poly Twill Ribbon in Old Olive at the end.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: