Wednesday, February 13, 2008

3 x 3 - Friendship Blooms

This here is a card for my club that is meeting this weekend.

The card started by looking at my messy desk. I had just cut the supplies for another card that I am using for club (I will post the card later) and had a pile of Soft Sky Card Stock pieces sitting on my desk. I decided to use these up THIS club or else they will just get filed and forgotten about.

I knew I wanted to focus on Sale A Bration this month and show off the cute sets that are available so I grabbed Friendship Blooms. I stamped the large flower from the set in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored the flower with my Classic Ink Pad in Soft Sky with my Aqua Painters. I went over the outer part of the petals a few times to get it darker. To finish off the flower I placed a Felt Fusion Flower in the center and secured it with a Blue Rhinestone Brad.

The strips on the card are also scraps that I found on my desk (basically this card is using up scraps from other projects). I layered the Chocolate Chip strip on Whisper White followed by Purely Pomegranate. This was all layered on a Soft Sky base. The card is just a mini, 3 x 3.
On the Chocolate Chip I stamped the three flowers from Friendship Blooms in White Craft Ink. The words "for you" are from the All Holidays stamp set. The ink used for the words is Chocolate Chip Classic Ink.

Thanks for looking!!

No comments: