Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pun Fun from January

This is another card from my January club. I have to say that I am really into these sets that have the cute images and the words to go with, basically two sets in one. A tip for those of you who have not been to an event of mine in awhile, I have mounted the words from this set on the edge of thge block and the image on the regular "bottom" side. This way I can stamp the image without the words and vice versa.

This set was on my first catalog purchase. I love the rocket ship in the set (I will share a sample of that later), but this time I used the cute hippo. My club members have said that they wanted more "birthday" cards so I gave them birthday cards this month.

The base of this card is Soft Sky with a strip of Soft Sky Designer Series Paper. I layered this with Basic Black and Real Red. I stamped the image on Whisper White and adhered that to the Real Red.

The image is stamped in Black Staz On and colored with the Aqua Painter and Soft Sky Classic Ink. For the balloon and the bow we used the Stampin' Write Markers in Real Red and So Saffron.
I had to used the new striped Grosgrain Ribbon (hense the Real Red cardstock). The words are stamped in black Staz On also. To finish off the card I pulled out my handy dandy tool kit and pierced some hole along the bottom right.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: