Monday, February 25, 2008

Embrace Life - Even on a Monday

For my club in February we used this layout. I liked it so much I changed some things around and came up with this card. I have to say that this set (Embrace Life), it becoming a favorite too.

This card became a make and take for the SBS meeting I went to a few weeks ago.

The base is Basic Black, layered with Very Vanilla and Ruby Red. The patterned paper is from Ginger Blossoms Designer Series Paper and each piece is layered in Basic Black.

The flower is stamped in Staz On Black on a scrap of Vanillla. I used my water color crayons and aqua painters to color my image. I then cut the flower out and adhered it to the Very Vanilla rectangle with "embrace life" stamped on it. I used the mini glue dots to adhere the half pearl from the Pretties Kit in the center of the flower.

On a side note, I tired to mail this card over the weekend and it was returned. The pearl in the center of the flower ended up tearing the envelope so I have purchased a padded envi so I can get it back in the mail tomorrow.

I hope you have a good week. I have more to share from this past weekend, I have not uploaded them yet so stay tuned this week.

No comments: