Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Wednesday - Happy October

Not that I have much time to read lately, but I was in the mood to make a book mark with my long rectangle Nestabilities. I love to read so this will come in handy as soon as I have a break in my school work.


I of course pulled out my Chocolate Chip Ink and loaded up the flowers from Upsy Daisy. I stamped the daisies on Very Vanilla and set aside. I used the Nestabilite die with the Chocolate Chip Designer Series Paper.


I knew I wanted a second color included, it was just deciding which one. I love fall so I went for the Earth Elements. I decided on Pumpkin Pie since I have ribbon to match. I then trimmed the Daisy image down to size and backed it in Pumpkin Pie.


The words were added as an after thought. I really needed something to cover up a smudge so I decided words were the way to go. "Life" is from the Upsy Daisy Set. I inked up the word with a craft spot in Pumpkin Pie. Then I clear embossed this. The words were not big enough to cover the smudge so I improvised from there. The brown circle is the 1/2 circle punch and the Pumpkin circle is actually from the Crop a Dile punch scrap from adding the Jumbo eyelet.


The bookmark came together quick and easy. For me the hardest part was not adding anything that was three dimensional on the part that would stick in the book. I am now ready to make a few more of these since I usually have more than one book going at a time.


Enjoy your day!

No comments: