Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wildlife Reserve x2

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. This card was made for him and was quick and easy.

This card measures 4.25 x 4.25.

The base is Creamy Caramel with a strip of Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper (see I made a masculine card with a very girly pack of paper).

The image is from Wildlife Reserve. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and clear embossed it. Then I watercolored over the image with watercolor crayons and my Aquapainter (in all the browns) and Old Olive with some Garden Green and More Mustard. This was stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla.

I backed my image with Garden Green and Chocolate Chip.

To finish the card off I stamped "for you" from All Holidays on a scrap of Verry Vanilla that I cut to fit inside a small Hodgepodge Hardware frame. Plus, I added some paper piercing (I think I am a piercing addict).

For those of you in Minnesota, enjoy your white April Fools Day!

Oh I almost forget to share Andrew's creation. Here is a card that Andrew made with the Wildlife Reserve set for his Grandpa (it is a 3 x 3 card). I had the image stamped and colored in. He stamped the background and sponged it all on his own. I helped cut the card stock for the base and to back the stamped image, he just told me what he wanted. I punched the holes for the large eyelets (his choice of three - he actually wanted five, but I could not fit in five). Andrew has loved to stamp since he was about two, now he is almost seven and his creations are getting pretty good.

No comments: