Monday, March 17, 2008

Chipboard Adventure Begins Today


This weekend I actually was able to spend a few hours in my craft room (not all at one time unfortunataly). I did get a few cards stamped. For some reason I had to pull out the chipboard this weekend. Over the next couple of days I will share my chipboard creations. Enjoy!!

Here is one of my favorites from the weekend. First off, it is a small card (one of my favorites at the moment) measuring 3 x 3. Secondly, it has a monkey on it. I had forgotten that Zoofari had a monkey in it until I made myself use sets that have not been touched in months. So I pulled out Zoofari and went to work.

I made a card before this one that used chipboard so it was still sitting on my desk. One of the pieces of chipboard was a long piece that had three frames. I cut off one of the frames and decided to use that to "frame" the monkey. To color the frame I used my Vanilla Craft Pad and inked the whole thing up. I used my clear embossing powder so I could use the frame right away (plus it added a shine). The heart is also a piece of chipboard that I used Ruby Red Craft Ink on (no embossing on the heart).

Here is the recipe for the card:

Stamp Sets: Zoofari and Canvas Background
Card Stock: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla.
Inks: Basic Brown, Vanilla and Ruby Red Craft Ink
Accessories: Chipboard, Crafterstool Kit, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Pastels (Gasp...I know I have not used these in a LONG time. They actually still look brand new).

No comments: