Monday, September 22, 2008

You've Got Mail



Good Monday Morning!


I planned on posting this past weekend, but I spent ALL day Saturday at Archiver's scrapbooking. I was very lucky to sit next to a wonderful lady who designs for Archiver's. Let me say WOW! I wanted to cover my work and hide in shame. I really wished I had my camera along to take pictures of her works of art. Maybe they will come out on display sometime soon for all of you to see too.
On to my project (that I liked when I made it). This is an older project from last May, but I still wanted to share it with you. This mailbox was made for Andrew's first grade teacher. She had a baby in May. We purchased a gender neutral outfit for the baby and I decided this would be a cute way to package the outfit (yes the outfit fit in the mailbox).
The mailbox was from the dollar spot at Target. I covered it with the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper (since retired). I pulled the colors from the baby outfit. I added some Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (which was retired then, but is now back - yeah), and some Wild Wassabi Double Stiched Ribbon (now retired). To add the flower and the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware onto the mailbox I used the Crop-A-Dile. It punched right through the metal and the plastic like butter. I also used the flower punch to add something onto the flag.
I know many of the items used are now retired, but you can use the idea right?
See you back here tomorrow, because I have my posts all sorted out now.

No comments: